Sunday, December 14, 2014

The lower lights...


I was writing to my twig, Elder Branch, when the song Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy played on Grooveshark. It's a men's chorus version and I LOVE it. The last verse says:

"Trim your feeble lamp, my brother;
Some poor sailor, tempest-tossed,
Trying now to make the harbor,
In the darkness may be lost."
 
Found this cover of the song online and it even includes the background story - too cool!
 
It made me all warm inside thinking of my Zac in North Carolina trimming his lamp, trying to help those who are tempest-tossed find their way to the peace of the Lighthouse Master, The Savior. How I love my boy!

Made me think of all those around us who trim their lamps, trying to do His work. We're grateful for you!    xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment