Monday, September 26, 2016

The Miracle...

Linda came by on Friday with a plate full of delicious chocolate birthday cookies

(she always does that - did we score with the best neighbor or what!!) 

She said she'd be making another hundred and something cookies 
for all the Primary Children who would attend Saturday's practice 
at church for the Children's Sacrament Meeting Presentation. 
She's amazing!! 

Then she said to be listening on Sunday 
for a song called The Miracle 
and that it was really something special. 

Did you know this fun guy was a Primary Teacher this summer?




I found these pics, taken by his Primary children,
on his phone - hahaha!



He totally loved those kids and his team teacher, Carlos (Bro. Diaz)!!



This sweet girl came over just before he left on his mission
to say see ya later alligator.



Today at church, those precious kids and all their siblings and friends 
sang and shared with us messages about Jesus Christ 
His miracles, His prophets, and His teachings. 

I'd gotten caught up in the whole program 
and forgot Linda's heads up about The Miracle song 
when a soft sweet melody began playing 
(that was Linda, she plays the piano for the Primary) 
and then children started singing a song I wasn't familiar with. 
The words were beautiful but the feeling that flooded the chapel and my body
when they sang the chorus was indescribable! 
It's that feeling you get when you hear truth. 
I LOVE that feeling! 

The song is by Shawna Edwards and the chorus says, 

"Jesus is a God of miracles. 
Nothing is at all impossible to Him. 
But I know this, of all His miracles the most incredible must be 
the miracle that rescues me, 
the miracle that rescues you and me." 

I wish you could have been there and felt that feeling!

How about this... 
Here is Shawna Edwards video! 
=D



Enjoy and I hope you feel that feeling. 

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I love, LOVE that song! Makes me bawl, it's like the Savior walks into the room when such pure souls as our primary kids are singing it. ❤️ The Primary Program is my favorite Sacrament Meeting each year!
    EE loved having Hunter as his teacher & would share with me how great Primary was with him as a teacher. I'm glad he's got a great neighbor on mission. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Branch is on loan from Heaven - a great man, a pure spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your huge influence in his life, Coach. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi! My mom wrote this song and I'm trying to help her with social media so that more people can hear her beautiful music. Would you mind if I posted your blog on her insta?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becca, of course and please pass along how much we love her song and the spirit it brings! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment