Sunday, February 5, 2017

Snail mail...

Do you love snail mail? 

My beautiful blue-eyed mother 
used to send us snail mail. 
It could be anything she'd come across 
like a joke from the Readers Digest or an article about Veterans. 
She was so fun! 

When Zac was on his mission 
sharing the message of Jesus, in the Carolinas, 
I thought he might enjoy a little snail mail each week.
You know, a neat picture with an encouraging scripture or quote
on a postcard. 

Zac kept the postcards he especially liked 
and taped them to the wall in his mission apartments. 
He called it his "wall of inspiration". 
How fun is that! 


His "wall of inspiration" got pretty big.


I saved the postcards on the computer that I made for Zac
and have been sending one each week 
to our New Hampshire missionary, Hunter.

After receiving a few postcards, 
Hunter wrote back and asked if it wasn't too much trouble, 
could I please send a postcard to his companion each week too. 
I love that man's kind heart. 

Once a month I make all the postcards


 so they're ready to send out 


each week. 


Snail mail and missionaries...


my favorite!

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful idea, Patti. So full of love and encouragement. I still want to be like you when I grow up ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comment