Thursday, March 3, 2016

You make a difference...

One of my awesome nephews called Friday morning. 
He had flown in for a speaking engagement at a conference in SLC 
and was driving through to pick up his college boy 
so they could spend the evening together. 
As he drove, we visited on the phone and made arrangements 
to get his son back to Idaho for him the next morning

My nephew mentioned he'd seen a couple
of his past students the night before. 
One, in particular, he'd been concerned about several years ago. 
Concerned for his future as the young man was drifting. 
Time had passed and the young man was now in a great place, 
happy in his personal life, professional life and spiritual life. 

He thanked my nephew for something he'd said 
that had made a difference in this young man's life. 
My nephew was surprised and grateful, very grateful.

What a sweet feeling to know you've made a difference.

Emerson wrote this and as a teenager I loved it! 
I had it on a big poster in my bedroom and read it all the time.  :)


In an October 2015 post on Zac's blog
"A Branch in Israel," 
he wrote this.

"To Mother figures in my life, both on my mission and back home:
Most of you who fall into this category probably won't even realize 
how much you have done for me. 
From everyone who has fed, cared for, and helped me on my mission, 
to those who taught and helped me through school and early college, 
to those who taught me in church, 
you have all played a huge role in my life. 
Thank you for loving me enough to go out of your way to help me, 
even though I am not your actual son. 
Your care has meant so much."

Ditto, thank you to all our family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors. 
Know that you make a difference to us.
<3

(Our nephew's fun college boy after a great time with his Dad.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment