Monday, March 14, 2016

A weakness for trees...

I have a weakness for trees.  <3
Aren't they just the best?!

Sixteen years ago, when our house was brand new, 
we couldn't afford trees and sprinklers. 

I assured the Mr. 
I'd be happy to water the lawn by hand
if he was cool with forgoing the sprinkler system for trees, 
beautiful green trees. 

Fast forward 16 years of beautiful green tree growth 
and now our garden gets no sun. 

I borrowed a chain saw pole saw from Jim
and climbed up to the top of our ladder but no luck. 
Our beautiful green trees were too tall 
for me to even make a dent. 

So we called these guys and they went to work with ropes, harnesses 
and ginormous ladders. 


They removed 2 trees and thinned 4 others. 
Let there be sunshine!


I was totally surprised what a resonating boom 
even little trees make when they hit the ground! 




Our little garden will be so happy this summer.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment