Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Jabberwocky returns again...

Birds have been flocking around the feeders the last few weeks. 
Some have even tried out the birdhouse.
Those are exciting signs of the coming Spring for me.  :)


But as in years past, flocks of seed-eating finches and sparrows bring the Jabberwock.

Suddenly I'll notice the little birds are gone and then I'll see why.
I'm always surprised at how quickly things go from this...


to this.


Do you see what he has in his talons?

Here's a better picture (maybe a little to good - yuck!)




We've watched this same scenario play out over and over the last few weeks. 

Funny thing, I didn't feel an overwhelming desire to
send the twigs out with "vorpal blade in hand" to "snicker-snack" this year
like I have the last few years when this same thing happened. 

Maybe I'm learning to accept the fact that we are...


 ...equal opportunity bird feeders.  :/

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a story Keith's mom told me when we were last there. She had just gotten home from visiting a friend when a hawk swooped down and snatched up a little bird from off the feeder right outside her windows. Traumatized by the experience she called up the friend she had just visited and told her the terrible story and how sad it was. Without skipping a beat her friend replied, "well it is a bird feeder after all. There aren't any limits on where on the food chain the bird has to be!"

    ReplyDelete

Comment