Wednesday, January 13, 2016

An Indian Name from a Catawban Chief..

Our oldest twig, Zac, is sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ 
with people of the Catawban Indian Tribe in South Carolina. 
He wrote home a while ago that he'd been given an Indian name 
by one of the Chiefs. 

How neat is that!!!



I love all things Native American! 
Many years ago, when I was a little girl, I'd spend the night with my cousin 
and study display case after display case on their walls, full of arrowheads 
that her Dad had come across in the deserts of Idaho. 
They were beautiful and so interesting!

When I was 6 months pregnant with Our Girlie, 
the Mr. and I climbed up, down, around, and through Mesa Verde 
with these two little guys.


It was a life changing experience! 
Now, every night when I lay my head on my pillow, I'm grateful 
for a soft bed and warm blankets, 
grateful I don't have to worry about a 40' cliff just outside my door 
when toddlers or sleepwalkers are in the house. 
(Look in the top right corner of the picture above
 - what an amazing little community in that alcove.)

About two years ago we found pictographs in this home.
 Dig that rockin' skylight!




It seemed a gift more than a coincidence 
when just after hearing Zac's Indian name was Red Woodpecker, 
this little couple showed up in our yard. 



They spent a lot of time behind a boulder digging in the snow.



They also spent a lot of time in our neighbor's tree. 
I couldn't see why until I got the pictures on the computer. 



We're enjoying these woodpeckers 
and are grateful for messages and pictures 
from the dear people in Catawba 
who tell us they're enjoying our Red Woodpecker, Elder Branch.   <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment