Monday, August 25, 2014

Oregon with radical Styles, Mr. Sandman, Zac's Buddy, sweet Nouget, and trippy Mocha...

We like to try new things on our summer vacations. Over the years we've had a blast experiencing things like zip-lining...



...scuba diving...





...jet boating through rapids with this guy at Jerry's Rogue Jetboats...



...who was expert at doing 180's in rapids like this (their picture, not mine, cause I was soaking wet and laughing myself silly)


 

...which made our hair look like this.



So when I asked the Mr. and the twigs what they'd like to try this year (bungee jumping, hot air ballooning??) I was a little surprised to hear them say horseback riding on the beach. It didn't sound crazy high-adventure but it did sound beautiful so I made reservations. This little paragraph, however, on the participant agreement form got my adrenaline racing as I realized it may be "high-adventure" after all.

     ...A horse,regardless of its training and usual behavior, may act unpredictably causing you to be thrown or injured by the horse. Horses may bite, kick, buck, lie down, or stumble. Saddles may slip...Your horse may collide with obstacles such as creeks, bridges, wild animals, stumps, rocks, and cliffs..."

The last time we rode a horse it looked like this. Don't you just love Hunter hanging off the back.  :)

I sure hoped I wouldn't collide with any bridges, wild animals, or cliffs as my horse was biting me and my saddle was sliding off!

No worries, the horses were gentle and the ride through the forest and along the beach was totally beautiful.   :)



The picture quality is a little wonky, sorry. I wasn't letting go of the saddle horn for nothin' on account of my vivid imagination and those participant agreement tidbits.

We rode along a stream and through a forest out to the dunes and then onto the beach.



 Some of the horses were more willing to enter the water, like Zac's horse, Buddy.







Our guides, Emily and Matt, were on the ball at every turn and even took a picture for us. Thanks guys!


Zac on Buddy, our girlie on Nouget, the Mr. on Sandman, me on Mocha, and Hunter on Styles.
We love this world and God's breathtaking creations!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment