Monday, April 21, 2014

Hide & Seek

Ah...still remembering the blast of a "Hide & Seek" game we had over spring break. Such fun!!


We agreed upon the boundaries, chose the first person to be the seeker (1,2,3 not it), then took off running and diving behind the most overhanging of large hoodoos we could find whilst listening to the count down: 50, 49,48...

The branches prefer to find a really great spot and stay put. The twigs prefer to migrate from place to place the whole round.

They both work. 

The boundaries changed as the afternoon wore on, getting smaller in dimension. Those who were found were recruited to join in seeking for the last person eluding detection.

At one point I could see out of the corner of my eye three men walking past me in the distance. I was face down, in a little dusty ditch, huddling as closely as possible to the near wall of the ditch in an attempt to be invisible to the "seekers" when I heard the men talking. One said, "Do you think she's okay?" to which another responded, "I think she's trying to get a good camera angle or something." I lifted a hand out of the dirt to wave them a friendly "Hello - now just keep moving along so you don't give me away."

Even more delightful to me was when I saw the same three men coming back from their wander out yonder. The Mr. was at that time laying in that same said ditch and they were all three looking at him.

It's a family thing...
(The view from the ditch.)

1 comment:

  1. This brings back many happy memories of playing hide and seek in the hoodoos. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete

Comment