Sunday, April 6, 2014

Eating cinder blocks

I LOVE rock! 

I love to look at it...


...to hike on it and between it...




  ...to feel it under my hands...




...and even to my shame, I like (or liked) to eat it. Growing up, this was my backyard and when it rained that ordinary cinder block fence you can see by the trees smelled delicious, so delicious! I could not help myself. I'd breathe in that yummy smell and nibble away at the fence. I'm sure my teeth marks are still there. The wear marks certainly show on my front teeth. I've given up eating rock but boy howdy I still love it.

 


During our brief spring break we got to hike one of my favorite slot canyons, Little Wild Horse. It feeds my soul. Lucky for me, the Mr. likes rock too, though he never ate it.   :)


The twigs come along on our rock adventures. They don't crave it like we do but they love to climb it.




I wonder what the rock will be like in North Carolina where this twig will be spending his time loving and serving the people who live there, and the God that he and I love more than we love rock.  
 


1 comment:

  1. It is still so weird to me that he is old enough to go on a mission! I remember when he was young enough to race around your house with him on my back! That makes me feel so old! I told Keith the other day that I wish we were still going to be here when he came. Bummer. But I am sure he will love it here as much as we have!

    ReplyDelete

Comment