Sunday, February 11, 2018

A facebook stranger, little boys, a policeman, and have you ever tried a frosted lemonade?

What do you think a facebook stranger, 
little boys playing on the sidewalk, 
a policeman, 
and frosted lemonade have in common?

This!

It started with a facebook stranger in New Hampshire 
who messaged us that he had our son's wallet. 
The message just popped up and I only caught a glimpse of it right then. 
To be honest, I thought, that's weird, 
I don't have a son in New Hampshire - 
haha - umm - oh yah, actually I do!

The next day, when I thought about it again 
the message was gone 
but we got this in an email from Hunter 
on his mission in New Hampshire.

"I lost my wallet and someone returned it! 
I'd had $65 cash in it, because they encourage us to carry cash, 
which was stolen. :( 
That was a pretty big bummer, 
but I guess I'll just try to save up again! 
And hey, at least they left the change! ;)"


We're sure grateful a kind facebook stranger 
took the time to pick up the wallet 
and go out of his way to get it back to Hunter!

A few weeks later, a policeman knocked on our door. 
He had a brown paper bag and asked for Zac. 
Two little boys had been on the sidewalk near 
where Zac had been playing basketball the night before. 
They found Zac's wallet laying in the road 
and flagged down a passing policeman 
who kindly returned the wallet. 
We're so grateful for those boys and that policeman!


If you've tried a frosted lemonade, 
chances are you've been to Chick-fil-a 
which is where our girlie forgot her wallet just last week.


We're so grateful nothing was missing!


David A. Bednar calls these "tender mercies."
He says "the Lord's tender mercies 
do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence...
frequently the Lord's timing helps us to recognize them. 
We should not underestimate or overlook 
the power of the Lord's tender mercies."

I'm afraid we've been keeping 
our guardian angels hopping lately. 
Hope we can give them a little rest for a while. ;)

Love this picture that says it all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment