Sunday, October 29, 2017

Monkeys I tell ya, monkeys with markers!

My parents were cutting edge techies - why was that? 
Was it because their sons were interested in it
 or did Dad just really like it? 
I don't know but it made us smile 
to see octogenarians on a computer
 sending emails and posting on facebook.
I have an septuagenarian friend 
who daily texts his grandson. 
He says it keeps them talking and connected. 
What a guy! 
I value these examples 
and have a goal 
to embracing technology. 
I don't always love it at first - it hurts my head. 
Does it do that to you?

Katie got me to embrace reading and studying
 my scriptures/lessons with tech 
by patiently showing me how it was working for her
 and now I'm converted. 
Thanks sweet Katie Kate! 
Sarah, Katie and Liz have also converted me 
to blogs and the internet for recipes - it's the best!

There's one holdout in all this tech however, 
it's the "Big Grid" paper calendar 

(picture from the internet)

hanging on the inside of my kitchen cupboard door. 
I've tried half a dozen calendar apps 
but haven't been able to make the leap. 
I'll keep trying so
if you have a favorite calendar app
 please do tell!

The month of October has been craaaazzzy!!! 
My "Big Grid" calendar looks like 
monkeys got a hold of it 

(picture from the internet)

with a pack of markers, 
markers in each hand and foot, 
markers drawing all over those "Big Grid" spaces!

Last weekend 
WSU had a one day fall break on Friday for UEA 
but the twigs were swamped with homework 
and I already mentioned the monkeys with markers
so leaving on vacation for our favorite slickrock,



orange sand, 


and towering slot canyon walls


wasn't in the cards.

We all talked about it as a family
and decided we could escape for a day 
if we went somewhere really close 
and the twigs did homework while we were there 
so we ran away to Midway, Utah. 

While the twigs were doing homework, 
The Mr. and I went for a walk 
and found another monkey 
poking fun at the golf course danger sign.


Our little get away 
was just what the doctor ordered. 



Now we're back 


and ready to take on
the rest of


what the monkeys did with markers to October. 
=D

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I hear ya with the wall calender. It is just so convenient! Keith, on the other hand, loves the Google calender. So to keep marital bliss in tact anything he needs to know about I put on both the wall and Google calendars.:) I'm glad to hear that you squeezed in a little get away on that monkey scribbled calender!

    ReplyDelete

Comment