Sunday, March 19, 2017

A gift to everyone she meets - a real peach, and squeeky...

Writer, Clara Kramer, said 
"There are people who are simply gifts to everyone they meet."

Don't you love that! It's so true! 

One of those exact gifts, one of those people, is my friend Vickie. 
Whenever I describe her to people 
I tell them if she ever had to have open heart surgery 
I'm certain they'd find 3 hearts in her! 

She is full of love and goodness, 
kindness and empathy, 
patience beyond measure and generosity to a fault. 

I know because I've been the recipient of her kindness, 
her listening ear, 
her understanding hearts (do you see what I did there) 
and her generosity.

This week she was terribly sick with a stomach flu. 
I didn't even know until the next day 
when I found out she was feeling better 
but one of her 7 foster children needed picked up from school 
because they were sick. 

I didn't have a car to go get her 
so I just ran over to Vickie's house and watched the little ones 
while she drove to the school to pick up her girl. 
It was nothing. 
In fact it was a blessing because I got to hold her 6 month old baby 
while she was gone and that was heaven. ;)

The next day, lo and behold, Vickie thinks she needs to thank me. 
She never needs to thank me. 
She's such a joy and blessing in my life that she is gift enough. 

She gave us this fancy dancy little gizmo vacuum.


I tried and tried to refuse but Vickie is also very determined. ;)

She has one just like it and is crazy about it! 
Calls it a fantastic marvel and says it's the best feeling 
when it's vacuuming 
because it's like getting two chores done at once! 

We decided the gizmo is a girl 
and because she makes everything squeeky clean 
we shall call her Squeeky. 


Rascal was freaked out by her in the beginning 
but now he just leaves whatever room she's in. 


Zac thought she needed googly eyes. 


She's a peach I tell ya...

but nothing compared to the peach that is our Vickie!
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment