Monday, June 30, 2014

Periodontics

It's been three years since my father passed away. He lived 91 years on this beautiful planet and though not here in body today, he is here in spirit often.


On our way driving home from his funeral three years ago I received a phone message from one of the sweetest voices ever. I hadn't heard it for a few years as we'd moved to a new city and I was busy raising the twigs and serving with Scout and Primary Leaders but I never forgot it. It was Jill, from my favorite Periodontal Office, asking if I might be willing to work for them again.

My first thought was "Thank you, Father, and thank you, Father."

I started the next week and can't express the gratitude I feel for this blessing. I'm grateful for amazing people who bless my life with their stories of struggles and joys!

My co-workers are filled to overflowing with wit, generosity, kindness, and genius. I adore them!
It was Whitney's birthday a few weeks ago and every time we'd start to talk about her she'd somehow get the limelight off her and change the subject. That's how they are.

Paul in Philippians 1:3 said it best..."I thank my God upon every remembrance of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment