Monday, May 12, 2014

Mothers Day and a senior...

Mothers Day...how I missed that beautiful little dark-haired, 
blue-eyed woman yesterday. 
I felt her near - thanks Mom.

I wonder what she thinks of this...

We have a senior. Ready or not, here it comes. 
He's jumping out of the nest.

There is definitely a feeling of sadness 
at not seeing that face every day, 
yet at the same time, it's more exciting than I'd ever imagined! 


He's such a fun, lighthearted guy with always a smile and hug to give, 
snazzy dance moves, fast to forgive, 
pretty tidy (that's comparatively speaking of course), 
and not enough fear of danger if you ask me. 

The world will be blessed by having him in it. 


I'll never forget a conversation we had one evening 
as he was beginning his early college experience. 
It had been a very long day for a 16-year-old with college classes 
from 9am till 9pm. 
He was still up way past 11pm and studying hard. 
I was worried that somehow we'd talked him in to this "early college" thing 
and that maybe he didn't know this was his choice. 

I asked him, "So do you know that lots of people, 
in fact most of us, go to college after high school? 
You don't have to do this. 
Do you know that?" 
He responded with a direct but gentle, "Of course I do. 
I want to do this. 
It's okay Mom, don't worry."

See what I mean!? No fear...

He was right. It all turned out okay. 
He's an amazing worker. 
Grandpa would be proud, so proud!


One of my friends mentioned that the bad thing 
about the Mr. and I having our kids so close together 
is they'll all leave home practically at once. 

We were beggars, not choosers, 
when it came to having children 
so there was nothing we could have done about
 "when" the twigs finally made their appearance, 
but it did bring me a new perspective.

That means, soon this awesome guy will be leaving the nest. 


And then this little bird will follow.


Another friend referred to this as "The Exodus". 
Yuck! 
"The Exodus" thought has filled me with dread...till the last few weeks...
when the feeling of so much excitement for my senior 
came rushing in the door with the graduation cap and tassel. 
Yahoo! 

I'm for sure not in any hurry, 
and will savor each day with these twigs, 
but at the same time...bring it on! 
There are great days to come! 
Spread your wings my little birds. 
xoxo mom

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Grandma and Grandpa would be so proud, I think they are! :) I keep looking at the mass of little handprints all over my back sliding door and realized it will go so quickly. So so happy for you guys, great things ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment